http://www.aseem.net/blog/2003/03/40-42-situation.html
One evening, some years ago
Two men talked, both young
Full of dreams and Ambitious?
One drove, other as a co-driver
There were pals in the back too
Tired after a weekend getaway
after attending a pal's Marriage,
In Chandi, and now back to Delhi
One had bought a new Car recently,
After Deliberating with many Young
And Elder People over four months..
Until he'd called Dr. Talon and asked,
Maasi, I'm 27: now what do I choose?
An apartment or this Black Beauty?
Go for that Black Beauty! She Says
She really has a "Black Beauty"
An S600 with "Lamror" Plates
Anyways, Back to the Evening
On a 4-lane Highway, now Dusky
One man Asks, Can I drive?
Sure! He's a bit Excited now
Beauty is a little jumpy now
With him in the Driver's Seat
Irritated at them Truck Drivers
Honks and Brakes, Many a time
One man then explains an art of Driving
Of how one can drive without Honking
Of how one can drive without Braking
Of how one can Better Many Averages
On a Dark night, on an "Indian Highway"
The driver feels a bit Incredulous
One in the back seat Leans forward,
A Purist who believes in Pirsig: Zen..
Achha Karke Dikhaao, Tab Maane ;-)
So, One takes the reins of black beauty,
And Whispers something in her ears,
Strokes the pedals, and shifts the gears,
Steers her nimbly, Silently without fears
Quietly talks of how to avoid those 40-42s
OK-It wasn't Perfect, a few light brakes
A half-hour later, there was a hard one
When a Fool blindly merged into the hi-way
At a hard angle, straight into the fast lane!
And then later, a Purist had his turn too ;-)
2 comments:
Some people just can't appreciate cars. I am afraid I am one of them.
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/271 Might want to read this classic. before the industrial age, would've picked a black stead to move around
Post a Comment