Sunday, October 21, 2007

Lassie

(in Theatres this Fall. btw, The GE Lassie video below is funny)

Last week, Someone leaves a Pup by the Tree
A White puppy with Black marks on the Head

Sunday Morning, Pup follows me to the Tree
Meets a Mother-Pig, few piglets having milk
Pup sniffs around few minutes, Pig gets up
Pup moves forward till their noses Touched
Both had their Tails wagging, what a Sight!

Tuesday Morning, I feel like going again
Pup looks anxious, it was bitten by a Pig
Someone took it to a vet yesterday, hurts
On the way back, an Event surprises me..

Thursday Early Morning, Want to go again
Walk to the Tree, But pup Sits and watches
10 steps, I turn, bend and Pup runs to me
I do that four times and we're at the Tree

Half a dozen pigs are sleeping there now
Pup's young to follow my eyes or Finger
Sniffs around, hasn't noticed the Pigs yet
4ft away, a Pig Yawns. The Pup whimpers
Runs back to me and Gnaws at my fingers

I pick up a stone and wake up the Pigs
They're miffed, at waking up like that
2nd stone, they retreat 10 feet or so
Pup's ecstatic now, all over the place
3rd stone, Guy Pig is now wondering
Whether to Fight or Flee, go back 10 ft
Anyways, Puppy's feeling better now

Saturday, I usually don't go so Often...
Pup's bin watching me from a distance
I Whistle, it leaps forward, wagging
We walk to the tree, Pup LEADs by 3ft
Looks back OFTEN, to see if I'm there

The Mother-Pig's awake, nudges Daddy
Daddy wakes up, Both Stand together..
Pup is cheerful, not scared a 4ft away
Daddy Yawns and goes back to Sleep..
Mother-pig is still unsure, She is Alert
Had picked a stone for safety, Let it fall
She breaks her steadfast gaze, Blinks
Yes, this Banyan belongs to Everyone

Anyways, Reading it must be boring
Last evening at QBA, Four Friends
Get together. Two meet after 7yrs
Bro gets a suit for MBA interviews
The Pup adds to the Crazy Laughter

Late Sunday Morning, am Out of Soaps
Walk to Market, Get a Dog's Soap too
Walk back to the Tree, like 10:30am
The Puppy gets her first Soap Bath
Dirty after a week of no bathing...
Remarkably quiet, Whimpers a bit
We realize: name like Babu..naah
On the roof, I shake a GrainSack
Lassie then happily Rolls over it
Kids are ecstatic, LASSIe works.

Animal farm may say Pigs=Politics
But Tibetan, Pig Signifies Wealth
Dogs are obvious, Signify Loyalty
Are Banyans common in the US?

No comments: